FAQ/Contact Us

Don’t see what you need?  Contact Us

  • What do I need in order to apply?

Program details and application instructions can be found on the Apply for Funds page. Please review for application requirements specific for your program(s) of interest.

  • Can I revise information on my application once submitted?

All submitted applications are final. You may use the SAVE feature to leave and return to your application at a later time, but once an application is submitted, it cannot be edited. 

  • What can I use the funds for?

Each grant program has specific approved uses of funds. Please review the Available Funding Opportunities page for details.

  • If awarded, when do I need to spend the funds by?

Funds must be spent no later than December 2026.

  • What is a beneficiary?

A beneficiary is the end user or benefactor of the State and Local Fiscal Recovery (SLFRF) funds. For example, a household, business, or non-profit which receives a grant to mitigate the harmful effects caused to their entity by the pandemic would be considered a beneficiary.

  • What is a Federal ID # and how can I register for one?

An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity.  Register for a federal id # here:  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/employer-id-numbers.

  • I need help completing my application. What do I do?

For help accessing the ARPA Grant Management Portal or completing your application, please reach out to our technical support center at MOARPAsupport@pcgus.com or 833-948-3752

  • Can I apply on my mobile device?

Yes. You should be able to access the grant portal on a phone, tablet, pc, etc. However, you must be able to upload any required documents from your mobile devise if the application requires it. 

  • When will program applications be available in the ARPA Grant Management Portal?

Each grant program will be available during a specific period of time. During a program’s application window, you can access, complete, and submit a program application in the grant portal. You can check back to monitor the status of grant program application windows or sign-up for updates on these programs

  • When will more program information become available?

Program details and guidance for applicants will be made available for each program on or shortly before the program’s award window opens. To be notified of updates,  subscribe here

  • If awarded, what are my reporting requirements?

The awarding state agency will detail specific reporting requirements for each grant. The requirements are based on federal law and regulation. Please review the Compliance and Reporting Guidance PDF available under the ‘Federal Policies and Guidelines’ sub-header in News & Resources to review additional information on compliance and reporting responsibilities associated with use of the ARPA fund.

  • What is the FAIN number for the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds?

The FAIN number is SLFRP4542.

  • Who is the awarding agency of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds?

Department of the Treasury (TREAS)

  • What is the CFDA Program number of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds?

The CFDA Number is 21.027.

Water Infrastructure
  • Grant Timing: I applied for a water infrastructure or lead service-line inventory grant. What happens next?

After closing the grant cycle on July 14, 2022, we will review applications, and score based on the criteria in the Notice of Funding Opportunities. Eligible projects that score high enough will be awarded after October 12, 2022. Monitor the portal for messages about your application status.

  • 2021 Request for Information (RFI): I submitted an ARPA form with a bunch of project information to DNR last year. Didn’t I already apply for an ARPA grant?

No. Last year we sent out a Request For Information (RFI), not an application. Those survey responses gave us information about the need for infrastructure in the State of Missouri. We used this information to help us build the current program and communicate to the legislature about the need for this funding.

  • Engineering: Do I have to have an engineering report, facility plan, or stormwater planning document to apply for ARPA?

No. You do not have to have a report completed or approved to submit an ARPA application. You will need to submit a completed one no more than 90 days from the application submission date. Plans, specifications, & final design are not required at the time of application.

  • Older Reports/Plans: My engineering report/facility plan was completed 5 years ago. Is it acceptable for an ARPA application?

No. Engineering reports/facility plans should be signed and stamped by a professional engineer no more than 3 years prior to the application submission date. Older reports are acceptable if they have been updated by a professional engineer and signed/stamped within the last 3 years. Communities with newer reports may still want to evaluate the cost estimates listed in their reports and consider having a consulting engineer update them prior to application.

  • Federal Procurement: We didn’t follow the state or federal procurement requirements (qualifications based selection process) when we hired our engineer. Are our engineering expenses eligible for ARPA reimbursement?

No. The state cannot reimburse any engineering costs if the community did not follow state and federal procurement requirements when hiring their engineering firm. A procurement certification form will be required for drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater programs. The procurement certification form will not be required for lead service-line inventories since those are not considered an “engineering service” per § 327.181, RSMo.

  • State Revolving Fund (SRF) Intended Use Plan (IUP): Will my ARPA application score higher if my project is listed on the SRF IUP?

No. ARPA and SRF applications are completely separate and they do not impact one another.

  • Prevailing Wage: Do contractors have to pay the federal prevailing wage on ARPA projects?

No. ARPA projects costing less than $10 million do not have to pay the federal prevailing wage. However, all ARPA funded projects must pay the state prevailing wage and are encouraged to pay fair and equitable wages to all who are involved.

  • Payment: If I’m awarded a grant, will I get all of my money up front?

No. Awardees will have to submit invoices for review and approval before receiving reimbursement for eligible expenses.

  • Federal Purchasing Requirements: Do ARPA projects have to follow American Iron and Steel (AIS) or Build America, Buy America (BABA) requirements?

No. ARPA funded projects do not have to follow AIS or BABA.

  • Real Estate: Can ARPA funds be used to purchase real estate or easements?

Yes. ARPA funds can be used to purchase real property if it is necessary for the project. However, all awardees have to follow the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act when purchasing property with ARPA funds.

  • Other Federal Funding: Is ARPA the same thing as the Infrastructure Bill?

No. ARPA stands for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. It is a COVID-19 relief bill designed to mitigate the impacts of the pandemic. The Infrastructure Bill, also known as Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) or Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), was signed in November of 2021 and provided separate funding for water infrastructure through a different program called the State Revolving Fund (SRF).

  • High Bids: How should we deal with the cost challenges of supply chain issues, increased inflation, and volatility?

We recommend the following steps before applying: Update cost estimates before applying for funding, budget conservatively, build in bid alternates when possible, and consider phasing projects to maximize grant opportunities.

  • Previous Expenses: We started design on this project in December of 2020. Are those expenses eligible for ARPA reimbursement?

No. ARPA funds cannot be used to reimburse any eligible costs that were incurred prior to March 03, 2021.

  • Debt Payment: We took on a private loan to pay for an ARPA eligible infrastructure project. Can we use ARPA money to pay off the remaining balance?

No. ARPA funds cannot be used to retire debt, replenish financial reserves, or pay legal settlements or judgements.


FAQ have not yet been submitted for these programs. Please check back.

Tourism/Economic Development

FAQ have not yet been submitted for these programs. Please check back.

Public Safety

FAQ have not yet been submitted for these programs. Please check back.